Planet Smart City fosters a culture of inclusivity that reflects our mission in addressing one of the most pressing current global issues: affordable housing.
More than 1.6 billion people currently live in unsafe and overcrowded housing.
We create cities and neighbourhoods that are economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable by integrating the best architecture and engineering with the use of smart technologies, IoT, digitalisation, resilient infrastructure, and intelligent urban planning to provide high-quality, low-cost homes not only for today but for future generations.
People and communities are put at the heart of our neighbourhoods, improving lives by enabling a circular economy, and offering social innovation programmes, which help promote strong and supportive communities that nurture relationships and are enriched with services at a local level.
Our company values reflect our mission of impactful growth and dedication to innovation through a people-centric culture, mindful leadership, commitment to care, and authentic compassion.
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
• prepare journal entries
• complete general ledger operations
• monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
• reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
• draw up quarterly financial reports
• prepare analysis of accounts as requested
• assist with year end closings
• administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
• account/bank reconciliations
• review and process expense reports
• assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
• assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
Experience & Skills:
• knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• attention to detail and accuracy
• planning and organizing
• problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• technical accounting skills
• team work
Education & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Type of contract: